Thats right peep my spirit bitches

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Interm Main - Easylay!

Long time no post!

What have I been up to you may ask? Finally after a year plus of playing hunter pretty much exclusivly shift has been abandoned to once a week arena play.

I am leveling finally an alt. I'm going 100% a new way with this alt. On the PTR its always other PvP class/specs. All my other alts in their 20-30's are enhancement shamans or frost mages. This guy is going to be my PvE homeboy. What class and spec you ask?

Protection Paladin baby!

I'm reading up on the goodies at http://www.ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ who I need to add to my sidebar woohoo. I watched a few videos of mid 30's-40's prot paladins AOE farming 7 or so mobs and I was impressed. I mean its like feral but different. I get to have a very solo viable spec even if its a bit slow and I get to learn how to tank. So far my little wonder in just a few days (IRL not /played) has successfully cleared RFC, WC and SFK and is pimped out in the sexiest tanking mail available! Pally tanking is absolutely a blast expecialy the more mobs there are. I seem to excell in large pull mayhem.

The things I like is its a cool cross I'll be a spell dmg tank. I get to stack stats I never used on shift. The huge thing is I'm enjoying PvE in a different roll. You get very bored of wait for threat, pew pew pew. As the pally I get to control the pace of an instance. I get to run right in and start up the brawl.

Things I'm still getting used to are mostly the pally taunt. Its a pain to have to split second pick the party member rather than the mob. I'm pretty bad with catching it before it hits them which won't cut it say at 70 in a heroic.

I'm really pumped up playing this class. In a few days I've ground out the entire BE starting area (which is way better done than the other horde areas), tanked a bit (and not to shabby!!) and I even ran WSG last night at 24 (lol). I actualy scored despite being under the level cap for the bracket I has BOK to stam me up some and plus good armor/block and +3% hit from my tree and -6% dmg from imp Fury. I was a pain to bring down baby! I even smoked a twink hunter. Granted I used Bubble and LoH to do it but hey. He went down like what!

More updates coming soon. Hopefully I can finish my pally quest out in BFD tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome back to blogging! Prot Pally eh? Mine's sat at 53 but it was fun seeing just how many mobs you could take at once - I think my record is 9 (of equal level) thanks to the ships off Stranglethorn Vale. Is that good? I dunno but it was epic - so many numbers streaming off the top of the screen :)

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

#showtooltip
/cast [harm, target=targettarget];[help] Righteous Defence

This will cast it on the targets target if the mob target is a mob, otherwise it will cast it on your target if its an ally -- I hope

Shifttusk said...

Anon thank you!

Right now I'm just pretty much going manually with it, rolling with hit the taunt then hit the person in my party frame. This should make it a bit easier. Hopefully I won't find many more situations like SFK theres alot of LOS objects that made taunting a pain.

Anonymous said...

If there isn't a link from Honor's blog over to
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/

Then it's a place you should be looking at too. All the cool kids hang out there. Obviously most discussion is more end-gamey, but the Basic Training should still have an overview thread or two.

Dorgol said...

@gebeorgan: My record is 17 equal level mobs. Level 70 + BT area = fun.

Pally tanking is the easy mode tanking. Spam three abilities over and over and just hope your healer can keep up with the damage.

And rogues basically beat themselves to death on your gear...

Anonymous said...

If you don't want to macro your righteous defense, you can just target the mob, slap your assist key (F by default) and it'll target the mob's target (your healer, the foolish mage, etc) and then you can RD him and bring the mob right back to you. I find that to be faster than having to read a name and mouse over to the party frame.

If mousing is more your thing, you can also use the standard interface to turn on target-of-target, click the offending NPC and then click the portrait of his target, that'll target the party member you want to use RD on as well.

Have fun Pally tanking!

Paladin PVP Guide said...

Welcome back;) What is the main target? the mob? i think it will be more effective when you had an instant cast. Try it..