Thats right peep my spirit bitches

Friday, November 16, 2007

PvE vs PvP 2.3 Has Hunters Up At Arms!

Ok I find this hillarious. PvP hunters are singing praises to bliz for the changes, could we have asked for better sure but are these good? Hell yea! PvE hunters? Crying like noones business!

QQ I can't drink in a boss fight!

QQ I can't spam a macro!

Now yes the no pet feed in combat sucks I agree and bliz did say they are looking to resolve this I hope they do as pet happiness really owns BM hunters DPS in a raid. I know I've had it happen.

But as far as the drinking? Suck it up noone else could do this, noone else could rotate trinkets mid boss fight! Plus FD drinking in a raid is just plain dumb! How much dps do you do while drinking? Judges? Pet only congrats! Hunters had an easy way out and now are crying that they have to go through the same trouble as other classes. Use your pot cooldown well. Purchase some Mp5 Weapon oil and quit crying! If you do this you get to keep hawk up and do more dps instead of sitting on your arse while the rest of your raid does their jobs.

As far as the macros I say the same thing. Can warlocks make a macro to pop their dots in the proper time? Nope! Can rogues macro thier moves and finishers? No! hunter dps without a macro isn't hard. I raided fairly extensively on shift (all t4 and voidreaver) and sure macros are great if you need to take a phone call during trash. But you get better performance out of learning your class and timing your specials.

Ugh we got hooked up people!

Oh plus cooking daily! I got a recipe for chocolate cake that makes you shoot fireworks out of your ass! Blue cooking recip! I win!

11 comments:

megan said...

Up at arms? Duh, they got Mortal Strike!

..get it?.. "Arms".. bah NVM.

Shifttusk said...

/giggle

Pict said...

Woah, fireworks coming out of asses, my gawd that would hurt. OW... OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! OMG, OWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWOW!

Anonymous said...

Actually rogues and locks macro their spells with programable keyboards all the time.

Jabari said...

QQ I can't drink in a boss fight!

That directed at me? *chuckle*

I liked the ability to FD/Drink (and used it, being the "cheap bastard" that I am), and don't like to see it gone, but I'm hardly broken up about it.
Hunters got "hooked up" in 2.3 for sure (once they get the pet pathing stuff solved) - no real complaining from here! :)

Anonymous said...

As long as they give me the ability to feed my pet while in combat so long as its not actively attacking or being attacked I'm fine.

The FD/drink trick I'm fine with them taking away I never used it to begin with.

I do not like them taking away the ability to double and if survival spec possibly triple trap mobs. I understand other CC doesn't work that way but our CC works alot different too. First we can't target the mob directly, and second we have a cooldown on it which other classes with CC don't. Personally I didn't have to do so much but there are times where I have needed to do so but can't anymore.

Glass Cannon Productions said...

LOL... there's always going to be a few cry babies. I'd say the overall changes are for the betterment of the hunter class. And Anonymous is right, there are rogue macros, but from what I've hear of hunter ones, they aren't nearly as complicated.

Shifttusk said...

Elis -> Hunter macros are the epitome of simple and booring

Tame Windserpent
Attain 25% unbuffed ranged critical

/castsequence Autoshot, Steady Shot
/castrandom Kill Command, Lightning Breath

Bind to z key. Set Mend pet to x.

Hunters Mark zzzzzzzzz x zzzzzzzzzzz x zzzzzzzzz x

Anonymous said...

"But as far as the drinking? Suck it up noone else could do this, noone else could rotate trinkets mid boss fight! Plus FD drinking in a raid is just plain dumb! How much dps do you do while drinking?"

It's actually a big deal. How much damage can you do dead?

Shifttusk said...

"It's actually a big deal. How much damage can you do dead?"

FD drinking even the new mage food doesn't help you heal. This is up to healers daids and HS's. Even pre patch once you sat down and started drinking any boss has an in combat tic which would put you in combat you can still regen mana from drinking but the food won't do anything.

Anonymous said...

I've been able to FD so that I can eat and drink during a raid boss pre 2.3 for health and mana. You needed to have you pet out of combat as well. If you tried to FD and eat and drink mana while you pet was in combat you'd only receive the mana regeneration from the drink and not the health regeneration from the food.