Thats right peep my spirit bitches

Monday, November 12, 2007

Weekend, Dueling, What to buy in a week Gah!

Hey sorry all long weekend with much wow, beer and other such entertainment. Unfortionatly I'm back at work on this icky monday... Oh yea blogging instead of being productive! :P

So this weekend in WoW was fun. I did a whole bunch of dueling, some AB, some arena and some other junk! So you all get an overly long post. So first arenas!

On sunday I messed around with a friend in 2v2. Since 3's in my main bracket I tend to fool around in 2v2 alot. On sunday it was my buddies deep fire mage. Yep deep fire dragon head thingie, blastwave, blazing speed. Basicaly the least popular mage build. The result? 8-2! Its a cool group. Between the mage and the hunter you have a ton of silences and snares add into the mix improved concussive shot and impact and warriors get their reverse treatment getting chain stunned like the slow plate beasts they are. EF YO MACE SUCKA!

So first the losses:
  • Warlock Warlock - This was so close to the win we had the first lock down to like 10% hp twice but both times had our silences on CD and ate twin fears. If I were BM this would have been won. But 8-2 isnt bad eh?
  • Rogue Shaman - This rogue was retarted. In my usual 3v3 style whenever I see windfury I kill it. Unfortionatly that kill little things strategy and outlast the burst idea only works when? Judges? You have a healer and can catch heals. A certain mage got his ass promptly stomped. These guys were in full merc though probably selling teams.

Big Wins:
  • Maces War Holy Pally - This team is the anti warrior. Snare after snare with counterspell silence and sheeps on the pally I don't think he got a heal off before we reamed the warrior.
  • Disc (power infusion and Pain Sup) Priest and AP Pyro Mage - This was hillarious the mage wanted to blast my mage. He AP'd and started chasing around a pillar where I promptly clipped him and right before his ap died out (not getting crap off) he figures out hes gonna have to hit me. All 11k hp. So PI bam.... Resist! He stopped dead and started crying. It was priceless.
  • Maces Rogue + Resto Druid - Despite good rooting of me by the druid the rogue just got snared too much to be effective. Forced the druid into healing the rogue with a NS and a swiftmend (ie only hots for 10 sec) and swapped to the druid and blew his lower resiliance self up.

In 3's not so good this weekend. We did our 12 on tuesday going 9-3 and bringing our rating up to I think a nice 1700 or 1680 or something. Not bad since our change over to a pally healer this has been tops. So we decide to do a few more on friday night. Bad idea. We gave up like 50 points just getting our asses kicked by drain teams. We played a priest hunter lock and went 1-3 against them. Round one we won just burnt their hunter down. Every round past that it was Shift Feared trinket shift lolcoil shift psychic scream. Inc 3 mana burns and a viper sting. Go Go Autoshot! Blargh.

So arena done I got to daydreaming about my 3k arena pts and 40k honor (going to be like 50k honor that I get to spend. Drooling at the cheap and easy to get 1000pt weapon. Untill I was poking at the top 2v2 rated hunters in arena. They're all marks, they all roll with a 0/42/19 without imp stings or a 0/43/18 with it focusing obviously a bit more on dps or on mana draining. But one thing they all had? 2x Merciless 1h Weps with +30intel on them. In 5v5's the top hunters? All big old axes with +35agil.

Gah! so basicaly for an outlast team mana is important? Hehe, if you think about it it makes tons of sense 60 intel is a ton. It will bump you mana up significantly to almost 7k making you not as easy to mana burn to useles. With viper on below 50% mana this almost 30mp5. So /sigh? it looks like I need to aquire two sets of mele weaps. I'm going to get my 1000 pt axe for sure but for 2's it looks like I may need to save up and invest in season 1 mele weapons to put intel on for long matches. Should I get them now? Or should I get the s1 xbow to get resiliance on all slots (yep getting rid of my last pve gear my sunfury).

Ack the debate Ack!

1 comment:

Glass Cannon Productions said...

Fun times... It sounds like you had an overall decent experience in the arenas. Your wins vs losses are great. This late in the season it defeats the purpose, but keep that up next season and you'll climb quite high.